Everyone is going digital for the holidays. According to new Videology Group data more consumers will celebrate the holidays in digital fashion – that goes for shopping, of course, but also entertainment and family time.
Some interesting takeaways from the Videology Group report include:
• 27% will stream holiday movies
• 44% will stream holiday music
• 23% say they’ll read most holiday books online, 15% will read via ereader
• 55% say they’ll get holiday recipes online
• 57% will take holiday pictures with a smartphone
Even holiday cards are going digital with more than one-quarter (26%) saying they’ll send e-cards this Christmas. And while about half say they’ll watch holiday TV specials as they air (48%), 23% say they’ll DVR holiday specials to watch when it is convenient and 30% say they’ll watch some live and will DVR the rest.
Most believe Santa is also going digital – 63% say Santa uses GPS to find the nice kids.
Still, 74% say they’ll use the postal service to mail cards and more than half say they’ll watch holiday fair via TV or DVD.
Image via Shutterstock